YRTL-05 and YRTL-T3

May 29, 2015 robots , ,

No photos at this time, but I got Wall-E all put together and running and taking input from the T3 remote prototype. It’s been… interesting… getting this working. The code is now up on github, I’m even trying to remember to push the changes every once in a while.

However, Wall-E isn’t working so well. I’m not so sure that it isn’t the NRF code that’s causing (some of) the problems. But I’m also pretty sure the new drive axle/adapter thingies are rubbing and causing a lot of resistance too. Since Wall-E is completely new and untested I have no idea what “normal” is. I may not even have the right motors in there yet (I went with torque over speed first).

I realized, again, that a basic test platform robot would be really handy, again. I’ve been meaning to build one for years but never gotten around to it. Then I realized something else: there’s a Mr. General sitting on the shelf just waiting for something to do. Duh, that’s the¬†experimental bot I need right now. So I plopped a pro mini on it, wired up a spare NRF24L01+, and whipped up some (probably crappy) code and tested the remote on a known drivetrain. Imagine that. So for the sake of sharing,¬†the code used on Mr. General is below.