DARTH RUDOLPH

Omnomnom

April 24, 2016 Vapes ,

An open letter to RobotShop and LetsMakeRobots.com

September 27, 2015 robots

Below is the letter I also just sent to RobotShop via their Contact Us link on LetsMakeRobots.com

Greetings,

My name is Del Rudolph, aka Rudolph, aka /user/812 on LetsMakeRobots.com

Please remove all of my content and my user account from LetsMakeRobots.com as soon as possible. I do not agree to having any of my work or photographs used by RobotShop in any way.

If, by chance, there is still any of my code running in Drupal, you may keep that. I hereby publicly transfer ownership of that PHP and/or Javascript in the Drupal codebase to RobotShop.

Regards,
Del Rudolph

 

CrazyFlie 2.0

July 20, 2015 toys

image
image

 

So it seems I, or rather Project R, won a CrazyFlie 2.0 in a Hackaday contest. (or rather, !) Pretty awesome, huh? I thought so. Thanks HaD!

The sucky part? I received it in the mail the day I started my new job, so I had to wait until the evening to put it together and play with it. Pretty fun little doowhackey as it turns out. Which brings me to the other sucky part: Unfortunately my phone is too dumb to drive it, no BTLE 1, so I have to borrow either my son’s or my wife’s phone to play for now (no, I wasn’t smart enough to add the crazyradio to the order).

I’ll be getting a new phone in a couple months or so, but it also turns out I don’t much care for using a phone to fly it. It just doesn’t feel very natural to me. Eventually I’ll grab a crazyradio and be able to use a gamepad or something. But before that happens I had a brain thing; I should make my remote project fly my crazyflie! So, now that I’ve got my weekend (I’m off Monday and Tuesday), in addition to finally posting about the ‘flie, I’m gonna start fiddling with some code and see if I can get that started. Fun times ahead!

YRTL-05 and YRTL-T3

May 29, 2015 robots , ,

No photos at this time, but I got Wall-E all put together and running and taking input from the T3 remote prototype. It’s been… interesting… getting this working. The code is now up on github, I’m even trying to remember to push the changes every once in a while.

However, Wall-E isn’t working so well. I’m not so sure that it isn’t the NRF code that’s causing (some of) the problems. But I’m also pretty sure the new drive axle/adapter thingies are rubbing and causing a lot of resistance too. Since Wall-E is completely new and untested I have no idea what “normal” is. I may not even have the right motors in there yet (I went with torque over speed first).

I realized, again, that a basic test platform robot would be really handy, again. I’ve been meaning to build one for years but never gotten around to it. Then I realized something else: there’s a Mr. General sitting on the shelf just waiting for something to do. Duh, that’s the¬†experimental bot I need right now. So I plopped a pro mini on it, wired up a spare NRF24L01+, and whipped up some (probably crappy) code and tested the remote on a known drivetrain. Imagine that. So for the sake of sharing,¬†the code used on Mr. General is below.

 

CAD CAM

May 22, 2015

image

If the Project R idea was drawn in CAD (Crayola Aided Drafting) then this is Cardboard Aided Manufacturing.

Anyway, here’s a prototype of the remote project.


← Newer posts
Older posts →